No Entry for Cars in CP (Delhi) From Feb 2017
In the mission of changing Delhi's iconic Connaught Place into a jam free region, another system has been passed which would come into drive from February 2017. As indicated by this activity, the center and internal circle of this famous market will be an elite person on foot zone for the following 3 months beginning from February. Amid this period all vehicles with IC engine will be banished from entering the center and inner circle of the Connaught Place, New Delhi. That’s why No Entry for Cars in CP (Delhi) From Feb 2017.
At a meeting headed by Venkaiah Naidu, union urban development minister, this plan was passed as a pilot project on January 5, 2017. People traveling towards the famous market in their cars should park their cars in assigned openings at Shivaji Stadium, Palika and Baba Kharak Singh Marg. From that point, they can settle on a free transportation benefit towards the main CP. Roughly 3,172 cars can be securely parked in parts accessible at the three areas expressed previously. As of now a normal of just 1,088 vehicles are utilizing the space available.
Police and NDMC authorities have told the ministry that the unutilized limit could be completely utilized by advancing 'park and ride'. There will be cycles on contract and battery operated vehicles for customers, visitors, and guests to move around CP. Authorities said if the traffic plan gets to be distinctly permanent, it would free up space for finishing and development of water bodies to go about as humidifiers in the walking zone.